4.28.2013

I kind of think of him as my only living grandfather.

I hold some--what I believe to be--absolute truths:

Salted peanuts in Coke is the best possible combination of two foodstuffs. Ever.


Sleeping with a fan is the only way to sleep.


Vin Scully is the greatest sports announcer of all time.


But since I understand that in order for these to be "universal," they need to be unalterable and permanent facts, I'm going to let the first two slide since you'll probably try to tell me about the marriage of peanut butter and chocolate, or dozing on a beach in Bora Bora - no fan, just waves and serenity. 

But I will remain steadfast and adamant about Vincent Edward Scully. Because TRUTH.

64 seasons with the Dodgers. The ability unlike any other to seamlessly blend color commentary with play-by-play, to tell stories of his firsthand experiences and great moments in baseball history while inserting "that pitch was high and inside, two-and-two, runners on the corners, the deuces are wild," and then jumping right back to the story of how this one time he went ice skating with Jackie Robinson.

Vin Scully IS Dodger Baseball.

To honor him and join in camaraderie with others who are in on this absolute truth, my wife created this amazing t-shirt. 


A head-nod to Vin's greatness. And (when you're wearing it) to everyone else who "gets it."

If you can hear Vin saying, "It's time for (a new) Dodger Baseball (shirt)," order it here. We're over halfway to our goal. Only seven days left. Share it with the world, because everyone should be able to agree on the wonder that is Vin Scully.  

No comments: